Concert Venues & Directions
Cooperstown Summer Music Festival concerts are held in and around Cooperstown, NY.
Concerts on April 26, July 5, August 9, 16 and 23 will be held in the ballroom of the Otesaga Hotel, 60 Lake Street in Coopertown, NY. The August 15th daytime family concert will be held in the Otesaga Hotel’s Templeton Lounge.
The Hotel offers two dining options, the Glimmerglass and the Hawkeye Bar & Grill. For reservations and more information, please call (607) 544-2519 or (800) 348-6222.
On July 30, the The Goldberg Variations Demystified concert will take place at Hyde Hall, 267 Glimmerglass State Park Road, Cooperstown, NY.
The historic Village of Cooperstown is a small town in the heart of central New York with global appeal. Originally famous through its association with The Leatherstocking Tales by author James Fenimore Cooper (son of Cooperstown’s founder William Cooper), and now known internationally as the birthplace of baseball and home to the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum, Cooperstown is a place brimming with surprises for visitors and residents alike. In addition to being a mecca for baseball fans and players worldwide, Cooperstown offers rich and diverse cultural opportunities. Cooperstown is ideally located between the Catskill and Adirondack mountain ranges, along the southern shore of Otsego Lake (coined Glimmerglass by Cooper), the source of the mighty Susquehanna River. [Source: Cooperstown Chamber of Commerce]
Please visit the Cooperstown Chamber of Commerce web site and the Cooperstown/Otsego County Tourism web site for information on lodging, dining, shopping, and other things to do and see in the area, including:
• Glimmerglass Festival
• New York Summer Festival at SUNY Oneonta
• Cooperstown Concert Series
• Oneonta Concert Association
• Catskill Symphony Orchestra
Museums, Galleries and Attractions
• National Baseball Hall of Fame
• The Farmers’ Museum
• Fenimore Art Museum
• Smithy-Pioneer Gallery
• Cooperstown Art Association
• Brewery Ommegang
• Hyde Hall
• Hanford Mills Museum
• Cherry Valley Artworks
• Cherry Branch Gallery
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How long do concerts last?
- A. Concerts usually last about two hours, including a 15-minute intermission. Flutes in the Drawing Room and Pro Am performances last about an hour.
Q: When and where do I pick up tickets being held for me?
- A: Starting 30 minutes before the concert begins, tickets may be picked up at the will-call table located just inside the venue entrance.
Q: Can I buy tickets at the door?
- A: Yes, tickets are sold at the door, as available.
Q: Are there different levels of seating?
- A: We have general admission seating, and seating is made on a first-come, first-served basis, unless you have taken advantage of one of our special donor opportunities that offer you priority reserved seating.
Q: How do concert-goers dress?
- A: We are a summer festival—some like to dress up, other prefer to be casual, all are welcome! While the Otesaga is air-conditioned, Hyde Hall and Christ Church are not.
Q. Are children welcome?
- A. Yes! Families with school-age children are welcome and encouraged to attend any of our concerts.
Q. How can I learn more about the music being performed?
- A. At each concert, the artists provide comments and insights on the works they are performing. The easy rapport between the artists and the audience is one of the hallmarks of the Festival.
Q: Are the concerts wheelchair accessible?
- A: The Otesaga Resort Hotel is fully wheelchair accessible.
Q: What are my dining options?
- A: From the elegance of the Otesaga Resort Hotel to a picnic in the park, Cooperstown has a wide variety of dining experiences to fit every budget and taste. Fresh local produce is served in many of our restaurants complimented by libations from our breweries, wineries and cider mills. For more information, visit the Cooperstown Chamber of Commerce.
Q: Do you accommodate Group Tours?
- A. We are pleased to accommodate adult group tours for Festival concerts. So we can assist you in planning a visit, please call 877/666-7421.